- Working with the Senior Vision Loss Advisor (Snr VLA), Employment Engagement Coordinator for North East Wales and the Vision Loss Advisers (VLAs), develop a recruitment strategy for volunteers to meet the needs of the participants of JobSense.
- Be fully responsible for recruiting and screening volunteers to deliver to defined volunteer role descriptions in delivery of JobSense.
- Accountable for processing volunteer information in line with GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) requirements, and keeping accurate data records using the host organisation’s established databases.
- Working with the COS Project Manager, Hearing Loss Advisers (HLAs) and VLAs, to lead on generating an effective induction and training plan for volunteers to enable their full and effective delivery of their defined role descriptions as part of JobSense.
- To deliver, and facilitate delivery of, specialist and project-specific training as needed to volunteers.
- To work closely with the Snr VLA to support the careful monitoring and evaluation of all training outputs and outcomes, to assess the effectiveness of different recruitment and training methods, and to produce related reports as needed.
- Working with the Snr VLA, the HLAs and the VLAs, identify and support the enhanced training of ‘expert’ volunteers, towards an aim of post-project sustainability.
- Complete any other duties and responsibilities when requested, which are commensurate with this role.
- Carry out the duties and responsibilities of the post at all times in compliance with all of the host organisation’s policies, but especially Equal Opportunities, Health & Safety, Safeguarding and Lone Working.
- Participate in all training and other development opportunities that would allow you to progress within your current roles, as well as allow you to progress within the organisation.
- Such other duties as may be required to fulfil the objectives of the role.
Applicants must demonstrate in their CV and supporting statement that they currently use the skills outlined below or have used them previously in employment, education, training, volunteering etc.Essential Criteria Education/Knowledge
- Strong command of English and Maths
- Experience of coordinating groups of adults
- Experience of working with volunteers
- Experience of publicity and promotion activities
- Level 3 qualification and/or relevant experience
Essential Skills / Ability
- An understanding of the motivations of volunteers
- Ability to demonstrate the COS values and behaviours (see below)
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability and willingness to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Ability to give and receive feedback objectively and sensitively and a willingness to challenge constructively
- Sensitive to the needs of others especially people who have sensory loss
- The ability to enthuse others
- An open and approachable manner
- Supportive and self-motivated
- Ability to monitor and maintain own standards
- Has excellent problem solving skills and is solution focused
- Willingness to travel as required within Wales
- Experience of working within the third sector
Desirable Skills / Ability
- Volunteer Management qualification
- Ability to communicate in British Sign Language to level 1
- Ability to speak Welsh to conversational level
- An understanding of the issues affecting people who have sensory loss, particularly when looking for work.
Ability to undertake travel and overnight stays on occasion as and when requiredLeadership and Management Behaviour’s
Act as a role model for the COS's Leadership and Management behaviour’s:Competencies
Listed below are key competencies, which describe how the job must be carried out in order to achieve the objectives set.Business initiative
An understanding of the markets COS operates in and ability identify and capitalise on opportunitiesPlanning and Organising
Ability to plan, lead and manage proposals that win new business, in line with business processes.Problem solving and time management
Ability to identify and successfully plan dependencies in complex projects, prioritising critical tasks and allocating time and resources to the crucial areas that will underpin project success.Concern for accuracy
Acting to minimise errors and inaccuracies, maintaining high standards of accuracy and correctness in dealing with information and data. Adopting an orderly and precise approach to work paying careful attention to following standard procedures and ways of working.Team Working
Build and maintain good working relationships with colleagues within COS to cultivate a positive team spirit, commitment to the team and achievement of shared goals.Application Process
Please email: email@example.com for details of how to apply for this post.
Closing date: The current closing date is scheduled for 16th December 2018
Interview schedule: Week commencing 7th January 2019*Statement: This Job Description and Person Specification reflect the duties of the post as they exist at this time and may be subject to changed based on the needs of the organisation. The post-holder may be required to undertake other duties commensurate with the salary and competence requirements of this post from time to time as required.Application form PDF