JOB TITLE: Employment project team leader
DEPARTMENT: JobSense Team
LOCATION: North East Wales. Based in Wrexham covering Flintshire, Wrexham and North Powys
RESPONSIBLE TO: COS Operations Manager
DURATION: Fixed Term Appointment to Dec 2021APPLY WITH APPLICATION FORM ONLY. CV'S WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.Application form PDF
(Application form is available in other accessible formats)About us
As a charity Centre of Sign-Sight-Sound (COS) has the organisational purpose of: promoting, developing and causing to be provided appropriate facilities, services and resources to improve the quality of life and equality of opportunities for D/deaf people and people living with sensory loss.
COS’s mission is to promote a world where sensory loss does not limit, preclude or stigmatise people from achieving their full potential. We do this by campaigning and lobbying, raising awareness of sensory loss, promoting health, learning and communication support, and providing services which enable the achievement of our mission. The services we provide are aimed at ensuring D/deaf people and people living with sensory loss have equal access to statutory, voluntary and private sector service provision enabling them to remain living independently in their own homes for the longest time possible.JobSense Project
JobSense uses Specialist Employment Advisers to support people with a sensory loss, through a range of interventions tailored to the needs and circumstances of the individual to achieve the following outcomes:
Confidence building and vocational skills, such as:
- Knowledge, skills and work behaviours
- Skills relating to developing applications for work
- Problem solving, communicating and relationship management
- Emotional resilience and confidence
- Manage money more carefully
Practical help, such as:
- transport challenges
- Identifying realistic and appropriate options for work
- Information on vacancies in association with Job Centre Plus et al
- Referrals to training programmes to learn additional skills, including accredited training and qualifications relevant to the participant’s journey towards work
- Referral to further and higher education programs
- Awareness of technology that can support sensory loss in the workplace
- Providing access to work experience, work placements, volunteering opportunities and job tasters through a wide range of employers
Specific outcomes for each participant exiting the programme could be:
- Supporting them into employment
- Completing work experience placement or volunteering opportunity
- Gaining a qualification or work relevant certification
- Or engaging in job search.
Answering to the Operations Manager, the Vision Loss Team Leader will be responsible for managing a team of Specialist Employment Advisors, Volunteer Coordinator, Project Administrator and a Support Worker. The postholder will also be required to work closely with the Employment Engagement Coordinator for East Wales.
The role requires someone who is experienced at giving advice, support or mentoring and has previously worked or volunteered with people who are Blind or have sight loss.
You’ll also be used to working independently under your own initiative, with the ability to plan and prioritise your workload effectively. You will play a key role in the successful running of this European Social Fund project.
You will also be passionate about making a difference to the lives of people who have sensory loss.This scheme has been supported by the European Social Fund through the Welsh Government www.gov.wales/eu-funding