- Provide a full administration support service for a range of identified projects in line with the requirements of the funders/contractors.
- Where required, to provide administrative support in relation to the HR functions within the organisation.
- Where required and in the absence of the Office Manager, provide an administrative support service for the Senior Management Team, including the updating of agency documents, e.g. policies, forms etc. and co-ordination of the office IT systems.
- To carry out general administrative duties, as required.
- Attend staff / team meetings; distributing agendas and take, write and distribute minutes as required.
- In collaboration with the team, carry out all reception duties including; answering the telephone, transferring calls, taking messages, making enquiries / arranging meetings, greeting visitors appropriately, incoming / outgoing post, where required.
- Support with the maintenance of the office environment.
- In collaboration with the team, preparation of training materials as and when required, i.e. OHP, PowerPoint and Handouts.
- To liaise with all other administrative team members on a regular basis to ensure coordinated approaches to administrative management, including document control, compliance with General Data Protection Regulations, confidentiality and high levels of consistency in operational administration.
- In the absence of the Finance Officer/Assistant, provide support to the Finance Department in relation to the maintenance of finance records and financial administration.
- Support with the administration of the organisation’s marketing.
- Locking/close down and / or opening of the office as required.
- To carry out all other reasonable duties commensurate with the grade of the post as required through consultation with the Senior Management Team.
- To be aware of the Safety at Work Act, Equality Legislation, GDPR and Safeguarding.
- To work in accordance with COS Lone Working Policy.
- To work on other projects within the organisation as directed.
- Recognise and work within COS’s quality system and standards that encompass those of our funders.
- To work as a member of the team, taking part in regular supervision, meetings and appropriate training.
- Such other duties as may be required to fulfil the objectives of the role
Applicants must demonstrate in their CV and supporting statement that they currently use the skills outlined below or have used them previously in employment, education, training, volunteering etc.Essential Criteria Education/Knowledge
- Strong command of English and Maths
Level 3 Accreditation in administration or comparable qualification/ relevant experience in:
- Word Processing
- Spreadsheet production and operation
- PowerPoint production
- Publisher or equivalent
- Internet and E-mail
- Standard Administration
Essential Skills / Ability
- Proven written and oral communication skills, professional telephone manner.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and solution focused.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Skills in Minute taking, distribution of Agendas and Minutes.
- Experience of setting up and managing administrative systems.
- Good self organisation, planning, self-motivation and time management
- Experience of managing administration relating to a project
- Experience of working within the third sector.
- Stationery Stock Control.
Desirable Skills / Ability
- Understanding and commitment to Equal Opportunities Policy and Practice.
- Understanding of the issues and needs of people with disabilities
- Ability to co-ordinate and liaise with other organisations
- Ability to represent the organisation
Ability to undertake travel and overnight stays on occasion as and when requiredLeadership and Management Behaviour’s
Act as a role model for the COS's Leadership and Management behaviour’s:Competencies
Listed below are key competencies, which describe how the job must be carried out in order to achieve the objectives set.Business initiative
An understanding of the markets COS operates in and ability identify and capitalise on opportunitiesPlanning and Organising
Ability to plan, lead and manage proposals that win new business, in line with business processes.Problem solving and time management
Ability to identify and successfully plan dependencies in complex projects, prioritising critical tasks and allocating time and resources to the crucial areas that will underpin project success.Concern for accuracy
Acting to minimise errors and inaccuracies, maintaining high standards of accuracy and correctness in dealing with information and data. Adopting an orderly and precise approach to work paying careful attention to following standard procedures and ways of working.Team Working
Build and maintain good working relationships with colleagues within COS to cultivate a positive team spirit, commitment to the team and achievement of shared goals.Application Process
Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org for details of how to apply for this post.
Closing date: The current closing date is scheduled for 16th December 2018
Interview schedule: Week commencing 7th January 2019*Statement: This Job Description and Person Specification reflect the duties of the post as they exist at this time and may be subject to changed based on the needs of the organisation. The post-holder may be required to undertake other duties commensurate with the salary and competence requirements of this post from time to time as required.Application form PDF